Grant Information

Lifeboat 3 is now Closed

Early Learning Facilities Grant

WA State Department of Commerce and the Department of Children, Youth, and Families (DCYF)

The 2021-23 Early Learning Facilities (ELF) grant application is now open. Please visit our website for the link to the Zoom Grants application and to access supporting materials.
Before beginning your application, please be sure to read the Program Guidelines, Notice of Funding Opportunity, and Frequently Asked Questions documents. 

This webinar is recorded and posted to the Early Learning Facilities webpage.

Employee Retention Credit

If you are a small business who was able to retain their employees in 2021, you can file for the Employee Retention Credit for all 4 quarters and may also receive an advance payment of a portion of the credit! See more below: ERC-COVID-Snapshot-5.7.21_full-textDownload

USDA Announces Pandemic Assistance for Timber Harvesters and Haulers:

Applications Due October 15!

After 7 months of inertia, USDA announced Wednesday they were releasing up to $200 million to provide relief to timber harvesting and timber hauling businesses that have experienced losses due to COVID-19. The funding was included as part of the omnibus spending bill for the current fiscal year, enacted on December 31st of last year.


  • Have been in operation as a timber harvesting business or timber hauling business for at least part of the periods from January 1, 2019, through December 1, 2019, and January 1, 2020, through December 1, 2020. USDA will adjust your gross revenue proportionally if you did not operate during the entire period for one or both years.
  • Be a business that derived at least 50 percent of gross revenue from timber harvesting and/or timber hauling from January 1, 2019, through December 1, 2019, and from January 1, 2020, through December 1, 2020. Specifically, eligible activities to earn revenue during these periods include cutting timber, transporting timber, and/or the processing of wood on-site on the forest land, such as chipping, grinding, converting to biochar, cutting to smaller lengths, etc.
  • Have experienced a loss of at least 10 percent in gross revenue during this period in 2020 as compared to 2019. You can calculate your loss in revenue using the following formula, where both years reflect gross revenue from January 1 through December 1:

Percent Revenue Loss = ((2019 Gross Revenue – 2020 Gross Revenue) / 2019 Gross Revenue) x 100

  • If a logger, must have a 2017 North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code of 113310 for tax purposes. The NAICS code for your business will be located on your federal tax return documents for 2019 and 2020. 
  • If a trucker, must have a NAICS code of 484220 or 484230 and must have filed an IRS Form 2290. The NAICS code for your business will be located on your federal tax return documents for 2019 and 2020. 
  • Comply with provisions of the “Highly Erodible Land and Wetland Conservation” regulations, often called the conservation compliance provisions. These will be addressed via form AD-1026 during the application process.
  • Not have a controlled substance violation.
  • Be a citizen of the United States or a resident alien.
  • Submit a complete PATHH application form (FSA-1118) and provide all required documentation. The below section details all documents required to apply for PATHH.
  • Not be a minor. Minors under 18 years of age are not eligible for PATHH.

If you have questions about your eligibility, please contact the FSA office at your local USDA Service Center or call 877-508-8364 to speak directly with a USDA employee ready to offer assistance.

Applying for Assistance

Loggers and truckers will be able to apply for PATHH by working directly with the Farm Service Agency office at their local USDA Service Center. Applications will be accepted via mail, fax, hand delivery, or electronic means.

Producers with an eAuthentication account can apply for PATHH via our PATHH Application Portal. Applications can be completed, electronically signed, and submitted directly to your local USDA Service Center through this online system. Reference our PATHH Application Portal User Guide for more information. Producers interested in creating an eAuthentication account should visit to learn more.

The forms you will need to complete your application are outlined below.

  • FSA-1118, Pandemic Assistance for Timber Harvesters and Haulers (PATHH) Application: Applicants must complete and sign the PATHH application form and submit it to any FSA county office nationwide. The applicant must certify their gross revenue for 2019 and 2020 on the FSA-1118. 
  • AD-2047, Customer Data WorksheetThis form will be filled out for all individuals and legal entities, including entity members, who have not previously provided their personal information to USDA that positively identifies the customer.
  • CCC-901, Member Information for Legal Entities (If Applicable): Legal entities will fill out the CCC-901 to facilitate the administration of the payment limitation and eligibility requirements, including providing members’ names and taxpayer identification numbers.
  • AD-1026, Highly Erodible Land Conservation (HELC) and Wetland Conservation (WC) Certification: All applicants must complete the AD-1026 form. If the applicant does not have any farming interests, this can be certified in box 5A. If the applicant does have a farming interest, the form must be completed in its entirety.
  • IRS Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return: An applicant applying as a timber hauler must provide a copy of IRS Form 2290 for logging vehicles for 2019 and 2020. Under special circumstances, as determined by USDA, this form will not be required for a timber hauler.
  • SF-3881, ACH Vendor/Miscellaneous Payment Enrollment Form: This form will be filled out for all applicants to collect your banking information to allow USDA to make payments to you via direct deposit.
  • If requested by USDA, the applicant must provide documentation to verify eligibility and specific information included on the application, such as tax records with NAICS 113310, 484220, or 484230, as well as evidence that supports the gross revenue the applicant received from timber harvesting or hauling. Evidence could include receipts, tax returns, and other documentation that is determined acceptable by USDA as valid.

You are encouraged to contact the FSA office at your local USDA Service Center with any questions about PATHH, program eligibility, or the application process. You may also call 877-508-8364 to speak directly with a USDA employee ready to provide one-on-one assistance.

Shuttered Venue Operator Grants:

SBA Shuttered Venue Operators Grant (SVOG) Still Has Funds Available!

According to this new SBA report, as of July 6 the SBA received 14,884 SVOG applications nationwide totaling $11.7 billion. As of July 6, there are 122 Washington venues which have received an SVOG grant totaling $83 million. Three Jefferson County businesses have received just over $600K in total BUT NO Clallam County Businesses have been awarded any funding yet. We expect this performance to grow as SBA works through the applications, and their goal is to review all applications by mid-July. There are still SVOG funds available! The Shuttered Venue Operators Grant is only available until the funding has been exhausted. Go to to apply. This grant is for brick and mortar businesses only whose primary income is generated through events.

In order to apply for the SVOG you will need to register with the Federal Government under the System for Management (SAM#). Register for the number HERE

You will also need a DUN and Breadstreet (DUNS#) which you can get HERE


How much can I receive in this grant?
The amount of grant appears to be either:
–45% of your 2019 revenue or
–85% of 2019 operating expenses.
It is possible for some Venues to receive more than one round of funding. The second round would be half the amount of what was received in the first round.
How Can the Money be used?
Grant funds can be used for expenses such as payroll costs, rent, utilities and personal protective equipment.
I am a Small Venue Operation – will there be money available for me?
$2 billion of the $15 billion is set aside for businesses with 50 full-time employees or fewer, but this set-aside expires after 60 days after the grant program opens.
Grant funding will go to the hardest hit first:
In the initial 14-day period, grants will be awarded to businesses whose revenue decreased by  90% or more. In the next 14-day period, grants will go to businesses whose revenue decreased by 70% or more. After these two periods, grants shall be awarded to all other businesses.

Important to note:

  • In order to be eligible for the Shuttered Venue Grant your business must have been in operation as of February 29, 2020
  • The application portal is not yet open.
  • If you think you may be eligible and would like to be added to our notification email list, please email
  • You are not prohibited from applying for an SVOG if:
    • You already have a Covid EIDL loan or plan to apply for one
    • You received a PPP loan before December 27, 2020
  • The following slides came from this recorded webinar.

Slideshow about PPP, EIDL, and PPP Forgiveness from Steve Burke, subject matter expert for WA State SBDC

City of Port Angeles Utility Grant for Businesses:

Approved businesses will receive a credit of $200.00 toward their monthly utility bill.
Can you say yes to the following?
–Business temporarily closed or services reduced by Government order
–Employee layoffs (temporary or permanent)
–Revenue collection of 75% or less from one-year previous
Business is located in the Port Angeles City limits.
Click Here to apply.

Grants for Non-Profits & Governments:

Rural Business Development Grants (RBDG)
RBDG is a competitive grant designed to support targeted technical assistance, training,
and other activities leading to the development or expansion of small and emerging private businesses in rural areas that have fewer than 50 employees and less than $1 million in gross revenues. Programmatic activities are separated into enterprise or
opportunity type grant activities.
How much funding is available?
There is no maximum grant amount for enterprise or opportunity type grants; however, smaller requests are given higher priority. Generally, grants range from $10,000 up to $500,000. There is no cost sharing requirement.
How may funds be used?
Enterprise type grant funds must be used on projects to benefit small and emerging businesses in rural areas as specified in the grant application.
Uses may include:
• Training and technical assistance, such as project planning, business counseling/training, market research, feasibility studies, professional/technical reports, or product/service improvements
• Acquisition or development of land, easements, or rights of way; construction, conversion, renovation, of buildings, plants, machinery, equipment, access streets and roads, parking areas, utilities.
Opportunity type grant funding must be used for projects and can be used for:
• Community economic development
• Technology-based economic development
• Feasibility studies and business plans
• Leadership and entrepreneur training
• Rural business incubators
• Long-term business strategic planning.
Check out the Fact Sheet Here
or more information contact Phil Eggman
Release Date Aug 03, 2020

Closed Grants:

  • Restaurant Revitalization Fund(Closed 5/24/21)
  • Rural Business Cooperative: Value added producer grant ( Closed May 4, 2021)
  • Working Washington 4 Grant: (Closed)
  • Phase 1 & 2 of Provider Relief Fund Grant (Closed)
  • Kitsap Bank’s Edg3 Fund 2020 (Closed)
  • Lifeboat1 Grant Awards (Closed)
  • Working Washington 1 Grant (Closed)
  • CDBG Micro-Enterprise Grant (Closed)
  • Working Washington 2 Grant (Closed)
  • Lifeboat 2 Grant (Closed)
  • NDC Small Business Resiliency Grant (Closed)
  • Fall Childcare Covid-19 Grant (Closed)
  • Childcare grants for non- profits and tribal governments (Closed)
  • ArtsWA Grant (Closed)
  • Phase 3 Provider Relief (Closed)
  • Resiliency Grant (Closed)
  • Forks City Grant (Closed)
  • Round 3 Working Washington Grant (Closed)+
  • Sound Publishing Grant: (Closed 1/24/21)
  • Rural Relief Small Business Grants – up to $20K funded by Lowes ( Closed 2/2/21)
  • $10,000 Tourism Grants from the Port of Seattle (Close 2/5/21)